Thursday, March 12, 2009

Obama and Geithner Get Low Grades from Wall Street Economists


The Wall Street Hoover-Blanket says that economists aren't too keen on this Barack guy or his boy Timmy Geithner.

I don't know how quickly or how emphatically I can say the following: Duh?

Of course, these businesses are not going to look favorably on the administration who is taking the reigns for their businesses for the foreseeable future.

The Obama administration certainly hasn't been too friendly with them, as well.

In fact, I read that some, e.g. Wells Fargo, have had it with all of these rules and are giving their government bailouts back and try to wing it on their own.

It's clear that something's amiss on Wall Street. I'm not entirely convinced that regulation is the answer, although it's only through regulation that we can straighten out the incompetents who have apparently run their businesses into the ground, tethered, of course, to the livelihoods of millions of American people.

The fact that Wall Street doesn't grade Obama and Timmy well doesn't surprise me. The fact that some people are willing to give up their automatic budgets in exchange for autonomy surprises me a little.

Frankly, I'm tired of surprises. I'd rather just know if I can rely on either the government or on a business to which my retirement may be linked.

My pessimistic tendencies make me lean toward neither. But then again, I'm not going to hand out grades on it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment